Employer: Responsible Investment Association (RIA)
Location: Downtown Toronto
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Application deadline: July 13th, 2018
Start date: August 13th, 2018
We are seeking a bilingual Administrative Assistant to support the RIA in our ongoing effort to promote responsible investing in Canada. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will join a small team of professionals working in a startup-style environment in which everyone wears multiple hats to contribute to the success of the organization. This is an entry level position with an opportunity to develop and grow your professional skills over time.
- Providing executive assistance to the CEO, including scheduling meetings, filing expenses, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Coordinating meetings and conference calls.
- Assisting with the logistics, planning and execution of events, meetings and webinars.
- Translating documents such as slide decks, articles, emails, member updates, etc.
- Making bank deposits.
- Note-taking at meetings.
- Other administrative duties assigned by senior management
- Assisting management with French-language enquiries.
- Performing basic website updates on WordPress.
- Assisting with digital tools such as online surveys, online courses, mobile app, email marketing software, conference calls and more.
Required skills and experience:
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, ideally with an investment firm, industry association, or nonprofit organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration or a relevant field.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Apple computers.
- Ability to manage a large volume of emails and prioritize associated tasks.
- Experience with WordPress is considered an asset.
- Candidates with no demonstrable knowledge of the investment industry must complete the CFA Investment Foundations Course within three months. The successful candidate will be reimbursed for the full cost of the course.
- You are passionate about societal issues such as sustainable development, human rights, diversity, good corporate governance, etc.
- You are an independent self-learner. If you don’t know how to do it, you figure it out and find a way to get it done.
- You are a highly adaptable team player – always ready to take on responsibilities both within and beyond your job description to contribute to the success of the organization.
- You maintain a standard of excellence in all of your work.
- You are highly professional in demeanor and presentation.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary for nonprofit organization.
- Health and dental benefits after completing three-month probationary period.
- 6% RRSP contributions after one year of employment.
- Two weeks of paid vacation, plus the RIA office is closed between December 24th and January 1st which amounts to a total of three weeks of vacation per year.
- Be part of a small team of investment professionals who are helping to create positive societal change in the investment industry!
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to [email protected] with the subject line, “Administrative Assistant Position.” Your cover letter should be no more than one page, and the filename of your PDF should follow the format, “FirstName_LastName_Application.”
About the Responsible Investment Association (RIA)
The Responsible Investment Association (RIA) is Canada’s membership association for Responsible Investment (RI). Members include mutual fund companies, financial institutions, asset management firms, advisors, consultants, investment research firms, asset owners, individual investors and others interested in RI. Our members believe that the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into the selection and management of investments can provide superior risk adjusted returns and positive societal impact.
The Responsible Investment Association’s purpose is to:
- support the responsible investment activities of its members.
- promote and support an integrated reporting framework in which there is standardized disclosure of material ESG information.
- promote the integration of ESG factors into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- promote the practice of responsible investing in Canada.
Learn more at www.riacanada.ca