Employer: Responsible Investment Association
Location: Downtown Toronto
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Deadline: Applications are reviewed immediately, so please apply ASAP.
Start date: January 8th, 2018
The Manager, Member Relations will play a central role in growing and strengthening the Responsible Investment Association (RIA). Reporting directly to the CEO, you will manage relationships with current RIA members while also engaging with prospective members to grow the RIA and advance responsible investing in Canada
You will actively seek opportunities to add value for RIA members and enhance member benefits. In addition to growing and retaining the RIA’s membership base, you will manage other revenue-generating activities such as sponsorships, promoting training & certification, driving conference registrations, etc.
As a strong communicator in both French and English, you will play an important role in our effort to grow the RIA’s presence in Québec and across Canada.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing relationships with current RIA members and building relationships with prospective RIA members across Canada.
- Leading the provision of member services and actively seeking opportunities to improve member benefits.
- Selling memberships and sponsorships.
- Initiating strategic partnerships with associations, nonprofits and other organizations of strategic importance to the RIA.
- Creating and managing the CRM/AMS system to optimize the RIA’s relationship management capabilities.
- Playing a management role at RIA conferences and other events.
- Some travel will be required for conferences, events and meetings.
- Public speaking at select industry events (French and English).
The following skills & experience are REQUIRED for this position:
- Minimum 3 to 6 years in a client-facing role in the investment industry, preferably with an investment industry association, investment firm, brokerage, or service provider working with institutional clients.
- Sound knowledge of the Canadian investment industry is required. Designations such as CSC, CFP, CFA, CIM, etc. are considered an asset.
- University degree in business or relevant field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
- You are a savvy networker with proven skills in the areas of relationship management, client service, and sales/fundraising.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills. Ability to manage a large volume of emails and prioritize tasks. You put systems in place to make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Apple computers would be a plus.
The IDEAL candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- In addition to general investment knowledge, the ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable about responsible investing. Designations such as RIPC, RIAC, and RIS are considered an asset.
- Experience with conferences & tradeshows would be an asset.
- Savvy with digital tools such as CRM, Google Drive, Slack, etc.
- You are an adaptable, quick learner who rises to meet the challenges of working in a small, growing organization. You are able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment in which everyone “wears multiple hats” to contribute to the success of the organization. No task is too large or too small for you.
- You are driven to succeed and strive to maintain a standard of excellence in everything you do.
- You are passionate about societal issues such as sustainable development, human rights, diversity, good corporate governance, etc.
- You are an independent self-learner. If you don’t know how to do it, you figure it out and find a way to get it done.
- You are highly professional in demeanor and presentation.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive compensation for nonprofit organization.
- Health and dental benefits after completing three-month probationary period.
- 6% RRSP contributions after one year of employment.
- Three weeks of paid vacation, plus the RIA office is closed between December 24th and January 1st which amounts to a total of four weeks of vacation per year.
- Be part of a small team of investment professionals who are helping to create positive societal change in the investment industry!
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to COO Dustyn Lanz [email protected] with the subject line, “Member Relations Position.” Your cover letter should be no more than one page, and the filename of your PDF should follow the format, “FirstName_LastName_Application.”
About the RIA
The Responsible Investment Association (RIA) is Canada’s membership association for Responsible Investment (RI). Members include mutual fund companies, financial institutions, asset management firms, advisors, consultants, investment research firms, asset owners, individual investors and others interested in RI. Our members believe that the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into the selection and management of investments can provide superior risk adjusted returns and positive societal change.
The Responsible Investment Association’s purpose is to:
- support the responsible investment activities of its members.
- promote and support an integrated reporting framework in which there is standardized disclosure of material ESG information.
- promote the integration of ESG factors into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- promote the practice of responsible investing in Canada.
Learn more at www.riacanada.ca