We are pleased to launch the RIA BoardLink to make it easy for foundations, endowments and pension plans to find responsible investment (RI) professionals who are interested in serving on boards and investment committees and vice versa. By sharing their expertise, RI professionals can help organizations shift their investment mandate towards responsible investing.
If you are a responsible investment professional who is interested in serving on a board or investment committee, please review the eligibility requirements and follow the link below to apply via an online form. Candidate information will then be added to a database that will be shared with organizations who are seeking board and investment committee members with expertise in responsible investing.
Please note that the RIA does not judge or endorse any individual candidates, nor do we verify the background information provided by candidates. The RIA will simply facilitate the sharing of candidate information with organizations who are looking for candidates. All parties are expected to conduct their own due diligence. Candidates must comply with any board or committee policies to manage conflicts of interest or appearance of conflicts of interest.
- Must have a minimum 5 years of experience working in responsible investment.
- Must have post-secondary education plus relevant investment qualifications (e.g. CFA, CFP, MBA, etc).
- Must possess leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Must be an RIA member or employed with an RIA organizational member. (See member list here)
- Previous board or investment committee experience is an asset.
- Candidates are welcome from a diverse background of skill sets, life experience, ethnicity, gender and age.
Required Orientation Training
Board orientation training is provided by our educational partner BoardMatch, a program of Altruvest Charitable Services. Training covers the responsibilities of boards and the roles of board members. All candidates are required to complete the orientation prior to interviewing for board positions.Download Training Presentation
Benefits for Participating Organizations:
Organizations that add an RI professional to their board or investment committee will benefit in the following ways:
- Responsible investment expertise
- Enhanced ability to meet growing ESG regulatory requirements
- Improved governance
- Diversity of opinions and insights
Find a Candidate!
If your organization is looking for a board or investment committee member with expertise in RI, please contact us!