Certified Financial Planner and Company President
Future Values Estate & Financial Planning
303, 638-11 Ave SW
Sterling Rempel, CFP, CLU, TEP, is the founder and principal advisor at Future Values Estate & Financial Planning. He is a Certified Financial Planning professional. Sterling is a wealth and estate planning specialist with a focus on creative uses of tax-preferred insurance products.
He has a special interest in responsible investments and in charitable planned giving, having served on the boards of numerous not-for-profit organizations. Most recently, he was invited to join the board of the Alberta Council for Environmental Education.
Sterling began his financial services career in 1985 and worked with two national insurance firms in various management roles. He founded Future Values in 1999 and has accumulated a broad range of experience and knowledge. He was awarded the distinction, “Fellow of FPSC” in 2012 for his service to the financial planning profession.
Sterling enjoys outdoor activities beginning with the letter ‘S’: sailing, scuba diving, snowboarding and sports cars. He and his wife are proud parents of four children, ranging from early teenagers to young adults.
Sterling has attained the following educational qualifications and designations:
- B.Comm. (Hons) – Bachelor of Commerce degree, Honours Finance, Marketing
- CSC (Hons)– Canadian Securities Course, Honours
Professional designations held
- CFP– Certified Financial Planner
- CLU– Chartered Life Underwriter
- TEP– Trust and Estate Practitioner
- CH.F.C. – Chartered Financial Consultant
- EPC– Elder Planning Counselor
- RHU– Registered Health Underwriter
- FLMI – Fellow, Life Management Institute, with Distinction
- HIA– Health Insurance Associate
- Fellow of FPSC™
Professional associations membership
- Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada
- Advisors with Purpose
- Canadian Initiative for Elder Planning Studies
- Canadian Institute of Financial Planners
- Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting
- Estate Planning Council, Calgary
- Financial Planners Standards Council
- Responsible Investment Association
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners