The McConnell Foundation is a private Canadian foundation that develops and applies innovative approaches to social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges. We do so through granting and investing, capacity building, convening, and co-creation with grantees, partners and the public.
We want a country in which:
– public, private and social sectors are engaged in active efforts to close the gap between the socioeconomic wellbeing of Indigenous and non-Indigenous people
– the public sector, private investors and philanthropists separately and collaboratively deploy financial capital to create positive social and environmental impact
– social innovation is an integral part of Canada’s innovation ecosystem, enabling civic institutions to co-create policies, initiatives and programs that enable citizens to contribute a diversity of skills and perspectives to Canadian society
– public, private and civil society sectors act collaboratively and courageously to advance human thriving and address shared challenges
– humans’ social and economic footprint is in balance with the natural ecosystems that sustain life.
We envision a Canada in which the economy and social systems advance the well-being of all people, and in which the natural environment is stewarded for future generations. We are committed to reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples, and seek to unleash the resources and creativity of individuals and organizations from all sectors to solve social challenges.
The McConnell Foundation engages Canadians in building a society that is inclusive, reconciled, sustainable and resilient-and that advances progress toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.