We cordially invite your institution to sign the Canadian Investor Statement on Diversity and Inclusion – a statement that institutional investors can sign to demonstrate their commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in their portfolios and their institutions.
Our founding signatories include:
- Addenda Capital
- AGF Investments
- Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo)
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ)
- Desjardins Group
- Mackenzie Investments
- NEI Investments
- OPSEU Pension Trust (OPTrust)
- University of Toronto Asset Management (UTAM)
How it Works:
- View the statement here.
- Institutional investors that pledge to implement the commitments contained in the statement can sign as Signatories.
- Organizations that work in the investment industry, but are not institutional investors, can sign as Supporting Organizations.
- A press release will go out on October 1st, including a complete list of institutional investor signatories.
- In order to be included in the press release, signing is required by September 30th at 12:00pm EDT.
- If your institution needs more time, you can still sign after the press release. The statement and full list of Signatories and Supporting Organizations will live permanently on the RIA website.
This is an opportunity for the industry to take an important step forward together, and I hope your institution will join us. Please feel free to share this opportunity with your peers and colleagues – it is not restricted to RIA members.
The RIA would like to thank Alison Schneider, Laura McGee, Michela Gregory, Rosa van den Beemt, and Shannin Metatawabin for helping to draft the statement, and the Canadian Association of Urban Financial Professionals for reviewing and providing comments.<
If you have any questions, please contact our Senior Manager of Member Relations, Olga Bordatcheva: firstname.lastname@example.org.