Employer: Responsible Investment Association (RIA)
Location: Downtown Toronto
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Application deadline: July 5th, 2019
Start date: Immediate
We are seeking a Bilingual Administrative Coordinator to support the RIA in our ongoing effort to promote responsible investing in Canada. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will join a small team of professionals working in a modern, startup-style environment. This is an entry level position with an opportunity to grow and develop your professional skills.
- Providing executive assistance to the CEO, including scheduling meetings, filing expenses, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Coordinating meetings and conference calls.
- Assisting with events and office administration.
- Translating smaller documents such as slide decks, articles, emails, and coordinating with our external translator on larger translation projects such as reports.
- Making bank deposits.
- Note-taking at meetings.
- Other administrative duties assigned by senior management.
- Assisting management with French-language enquiries.
- Assisting with digital tools such as online courses, surveys, shared calendars, mobile app, website, email software, etc.
Professional skills and experience
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, ideally with an association or nonprofit organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business or a relevant field.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills.
- Tech-savvy: You are able to use and learn digital tools quickly.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Apple computers.
- Ability to manage a large volume of emails and prioritize associated tasks.
- You are passionate about societal issues such as sustainable development, human rights, diversity, good corporate governance, etc.
- You are an independent self-learner. If you don’t know how to do it, you figure it out and find a way to get it done.
- You are a highly adaptable team player – always ready to take on responsibilities both within and beyond your job description to contribute to the success of the organization.
- You maintain a standard of excellence in all of your work.
- You are professional in demeanor and presentation.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary for a nonprofit organization.
- Health and dental benefits after completing three-month probationary period.
- 6% RRSP contributions after one year of employment.
- Two weeks of paid vacation, plus the RIA office is closed between December 24th and January 1st which amounts to a total of three weeks of vacation per year.
- Work in a bright, modern office space in downtown Toronto with nearby access to public transit.
- Be part of a small team of investment professionals who are helping to create positive societal change in the investment industry!
- Please send your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Administrative Coordinator Position.” The filename of your PDF should follow the format, “FirstName_LastName_Application.”
- In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position, and describe how your experience will help you to succeed in this role.
About the Responsible Investment Association (RIA)
The Responsible Investment Association (RIA) is a national membership association dedicated to advancing responsible investment (RI) in Canada. RIA members include asset management firms, financial institutions, investment advisors, service providers and asset owners such as foundations, pension funds and universities who practice and support RI. To learn more about the RIA, please visit www.riacanada.ca.