Employer: Responsible Investment Association (RIA)
Location: Downtown Toronto
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
If you are passionate about sustainability and looking to grow your career while doing meaningful work for a purpose driven organization, we’d like to hear from you. The RIA aims to drive the growth and development of Responsible Investment (RI) in Canada, with a vision to align capital with sustainable and inclusive development. With a membership base representing over $40 trillion in AUM, the RIA is uniquely poised to play a catalytic role in the transformation of the Canadian economy.
As the trusted voice of responsible investment for Canada’s institutional and retail investor community, we offer an exciting opportunity to work on the leading edge of the surging sustainable finance industry.
Reporting directly to the CEO, your primary role is to advance the development of the RIA’s advocacy and industry insight initiatives. As a member of the RIA’s Senior Leadership Team, you will play a key role in helping drive change and shape the future of RI in Canada by overseeing the development and execution of the RIA’s advocacy strategy and thought leadership priorities.
- Oversight of the RIA’s thought leadership, research, and policy and advocacy initiatives
- Project management of the RIA’s key research projects
- Design and write research reports
- Review research findings, identifying themes and trends with a view to reflecting the perspective of the Responsible Investor
- Contribute to the RIA’s annual content strategy
- Craft editorial and public remarks
- Develop and execute the RIA’s Investor Roundtable strategy
- Work with key stakeholders and investor networks to develop policy responses, determine advocacy priorities and design outreach strategies
- Manage relationships with regulators and government officials
- Represent the RIA at key industry working groups
- Ensure that the RIA Marketplace structure reflects relevant industry best practices, standards and definitions
- Review curriculum and agendas to ensure investor lens is appropriately reflected
- Represent the RIA at industry events as appropriate
- Manage one direct report
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant investment industry experience, preferably in the field of responsible investment
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field. CFA, LLB would be an asset
- Good knowledge of the Canadian investment industry’s policy and regulatory landscape
- Track record of achieving organizational objectives in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, research skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator with experience in high-level representation
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
- Effective, caring and highly collaborative team member, with a strong sense of initiative and accountability
- Highly professional, maintaining a standard of excellence in all matters
- Functionally bilingual in French and English
The RIA embraces diversity and strives to foster an inclusive workplace culture driven by purpose, wellness, development, and productivity. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including but not limited to: Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, women, members of the LGBT2Q2SI+ community, and persons with disabilities.
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Head of Advocacy and Industry Insights”.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
Are you interested, but not sure if you are the right person? Tell us why we need your skills. We want to hear from you. You may not meet all of these requirements, but we encourage you to apply anyway to allow us to take into consideration what you bring.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those pre-selected will be contacted.