Employer: Responsible Investment Association (RIA)
Location: Downtown Toronto, hybrid workplace
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
If you are passionate about sustainability and looking to grow your career while doing meaningful work for a purpose driven organization, we’d like to hear from you. With a vision to align capital with sustainable and inclusive development as codified in the Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and a membership base representing over $42 trillion in AUM, the RIA is uniquely poised to play a catalytic role in the transformation of the Canadian economy.
As a highly regarded champion of responsible investment in Canada’s institutional and retail investor community, we offer an exciting opportunity to work on the leading edge of the surging sustainable finance industry.
Reporting directly to the Director, Research & Membership, your primary role is to support the development and growth of the RIA research initiatives. You will provide a solid support foundation by developing and maintaining a centralized research database, by coordinating membership programs and project management activities as well as general administration.
- Assists with research, surveys and analyses; compile and organize data; and use new and existing data sources to prepare, enter, arrange and display data in meaningful and useful formats for reports, presentations and other content.
- Curate research content/publications
- Coordinate activities related to research projects and collaboration initiatives including monitoring and updating project plan timelines, milestones and deliverables
- Coordination of new member onboarding process and maintenance of accounts and contact information
- Managing inbound inquiries about the organization and support member requests for resources
- Provide meeting support including scheduling, notes and follow ups
- General support and admin coordination with Comms team and other stakeholders
- University degree in a relevant field of study such as business, finance, sustainability or a related field.
- 2-4 years professional experience, preferably in the non-profit sector or the investment industry.
- Demonstrated experience in database and project management
- Highly organized and process-oriented with keen attention to detail
- Strong client focus and ease dealing with multi-stakeholder, cross-functional project teams
- Tech savvy on a variety of data platforms and software
- You are energized by the prospect of working for a purpose driven organization.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is preferred but not required
What to Expect
- Work flexibility and autonomy
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- An inclusive, high-trust work atmosphere
- Shaping organization success while career building in influential networks
- Competitive compensation and benefits
The RIA embraces diversity and strives to foster an inclusive workplace culture driven by purpose, wellness, development, and productivity. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including but not limited to: Black and Indigenous communities, people of colour, women, members of theLGBT2Q+ community, and people experiencing disabilities.
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Research and Membership Analyst” The filename of your PDF should follow the format,“FirstName_LastName_Application.” In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position, and describe how your experience will enable you to succeed in this role.