We are pleased to share the Responsible Investment Association’s 2021 event calendar. Given the uncertainty around vaccinations and the safety of physical events, all 2021 events are being planned as virtual events. If things improve substantially later on in 2021, and physical events become safe, legal, and marketable, the RIA will consider hosting a few smaller physical events later in the year.
Additional webinars and virtual events will be added, but we wanted to share our calendar of planned events so you can save the dates and plan accordingly. We will follow up to provide more details in the new year.
February 25: ESG Symposium – Proxies, Policies & Taxonomies
- Three 75-min sessions covering key market developments for 2021.
- 11:00am, 1:30pm, and 4:00pm (EST)
February 26: Investor Roundtable – Canadian Investor Statement on D&I
- A roundtable at 11:00am (EST) for signatories to the Canadian Investor Statement on D&I to engage in peer learning and information sharing ahead of proxy season.
March 29-31: ESG Retail Product Knowledge Series
- By popular demand from RIA Advisor Members, we will host a series of sessions with managers of retail funds to facilitate product knowledge development and interaction between advisors and fund managers.
June 7-11: 2021 RIA Virtual Conference
- Our flagship annual conference brings the responsible investment community together to network and gain insights from thought leaders and ESG experts. Don’t miss Canada’s largest event on responsible investment!
June 22: RIA Annual General Meeting
- The AGM will take place virtually from 1:00-2:00pm (EST), with remote voting available in advance via ClickBallot.
October 18-22: Transition Finance Week
- A week dedicated to “deep dives” on transition finance, including sessions covering key sectors, transition finance models, and practical insights for investors to manage their exposure to transition risks while supporting a just, smooth transition to a low carbon economy. This is timed to take place just before COP26.
As noted above, additional webinars and virtual events will be added to share information about RIA research, educational options, and more. Please save the dates for these key events, and we will follow up with more details in the new year. In the meantime, we wish you all a healthy and restful winter holiday season!