On June 22, 2021, the RIA held its 2021 remote AGM and Special Meeting via GoToWebinar. The AGM included the election of three new board members:
- Carol Smith, Financial Advisor, Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network
- Nalini Feuilloley, Director, Responsible Investment, BMO Global Asset Management
- Marie-Justine Labelle, Responsible Investment Practice Lead, Desjardins
Several board members were also re-elected during the AGM:
- Johnny Fansher, Responsible Investment Specialist, iA Investia Financial Services
- Kelly Gauthier, Managing Director & Partner, Rally Assets
- Lisa Becker, COO & CCO, University of Toronto Asset Management Corporation
- Milla Craig, Founder and President, Millani Perspectives
- Daphne King, Vice President, National Accounts and Strategic Sales Initiatives, iA Clarington Investments
- Karrie Van Belle, Senior Vice-President, Head of Marketing and Communications, AGF Investments Inc.
- Melanie Adams, VP & Head, Corporate Governance & Responsible Investment, RBC Global Asset Management (GAM)
- Dominique Barker, Head, Sustainability Advisory, CIBC Asset Management
- Louis Spadacini, Vice President, National Institutional & Strategic Relationships, NEI Investments
- Nicole Vadori, Associate Vice President & Head of Environment, TD Bank Group
- Roger Beauchemin, President & CEO, Addenda Capital
The RIA would like to extend a warm thank you to outgoing board members Michael Silicz, Sébastien Vallée and Robert Jenkins for their contributions to the organization.
The Annual General & Special Meeting had a virtual turn-out of 42. In advance of the AGM the RIA offered a remote voting option for members via service provider ClickBallot. A total of 122 members voted in advance of the AGM. All AGM ballot items were passed.
Immediately following the AGM, the RIA Board met to formalize the appointments of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. The Executive Committee confirmed at the post-AGM is now:
- Chair – Roger Beauchemin, President & CEO, Addenda Capital
- Vice-Chair – Melanie Adams,VP & Head, Corporate Governance & Responsible Investment, RBC Global Asset Management
- Treasurer – Lisa Becker, COO & CCO, University of Toronto Asset Management Corporation
- Secretary – Karrie Van Belle, Senior Vice-President, Head of Marketing and Communications, AGF Investments inc.
Thank you to outgoing Chair, Ian Robertson, for his outstanding leadership and dedication to the organization. The full list of the Board of Directors can be found here .