Toronto – May 31, 2019 – The Responsible Investment Association (RIA) is pleased to announce the release of its 2018 annual report. The report summarizes the organization’s progress along its five strategic priorities for achieving the RIA’s overarching goal of driving the adoption of responsible investing (RI) in Canada’s retail and institutional markets.
Canada’s RI market has doubled in size over the last four years, reaching a tipping point in 2018 when, for the first time ever, RI assets surpassed 50% of all professionally-managed assets in Canada. Within the context of this growing market, the RIA has also grown on all fronts, doubling our membership and tripling our staff capacity in the last four years. Our strengthened capacity has enabled us to expand our programs and events while solidifying our position as the national hub for RI in Canada.
In June 2018, the RIA adopted five strategic priorities:
- Market Education: Promoting awareness, understanding, and demand for RI;
- Integration: Supporting the integration of RI within investment firms and advisor practices;
- Advocacy: Working towards a policy framework that is conducive to RI;
- Brand & Reputation: Bolstering the RIA’s national brand & reputation as the leading hub for RI;
- Capacity Building: Building our financial and human capital resources to support these goals.
The Annual Report summarizes our work toward delivering on these priorities in 2018.
Download the full report here.
About Responsible Investment Association
The Responsible Investment Association (RIA) is Canada’s membership association for Responsible Investment (RI). Members include mutual fund companies, financial institutions, asset management firms, advisors, consultants, investment research firms, asset owners, individual investors and others interested in RI. Our members believe that the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into the selection and management of investments can provide superior risk adjusted returns and positive societal impact. To learn more about the RIA, please visit www.riacanada.ca.