Employer: Responsible Investment Association (RIA)
Location: Remote, Canada
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
If you are passionate about sustainability and looking to grow your career while doing meaningful work for a purpose driven organization, we’d like to hear from you. With a vision to align capital with sustainable and inclusive development as codified in the Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and a membership base representing over $42 trillion in AUM, the RIA is uniquely positioned to play a catalytic role in the transformation of the Canadian economy.
As a highly regarded champion of responsible investment in Canada’s institutional and retail investor community, we offer an exciting opportunity to work on the leading edge of the surging sustainable finance industry.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will manage and execute marketing and communications projects in collaboration with the RIA Communications team, with an emphasis on the Climate Engagement Canada (CEC) initiative. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external partners, to deliver communications strategies, materials, and content across various channels including but not limited to social media, website, marketing collateral, educational content, and reports for the CEC Steering Committee and other stakeholders.
- Provide support in managing all communications channels including email, website, social media, and media relations.
- Manage small and large communications/marketing projects, in collaboration with cross-functional teams, such as the annual report, announcements, website content, social media, newsletters and thought leadership content.
- Report on website and social media analytics to capture and optimize performance.
- Perform basic updates to the CEC’s website on WordPress (such as blog posts), and delegate more technical website work to external contractors.
- Draft communications material and manage an external translator for larger scale translations.
- Copyedit and proofread written materials.
- Manage communications calendar in collaboration with SHARE and other CEC key actors.
- Develop and implement marketing materials for key CEC projects.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field of study such as business, journalism, communications, or marketing.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional communications role, preferably in the investment industry or in corporate sustainability.
- Demonstrable experience, drive and skills required to execute communications strategies across multiple channels including social media and email platforms.
- Outstanding writing skills with an easily adaptable writing style for social media, web content, or formal reports and with the ability to curate information from multiple sources and communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise, and cogent manner.
- Experience managing projects in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Technical and analytical skills to capture, understand and report on communications performance. You are able to use reporting and past performance to inform and improve the organization’s communications strategy.
- Knowledge of and/or proficiency in graphic design.
- A high achiever with an entrepreneurial mindset who is highly organized, adaptable and never satisfied with less than excellent outcomes.
- Savvy with digital platforms and software with proficiency in MS-Office and familiarity with Photoshop, Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, Salesforce, Apple Pages, Formstack, Constant Contact, and SurveyMonkey.You are energized by the prospect of working for a purpose driven organization.
What to Expect
- Work flexibility and autonomy
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- An inclusive, high-trust work atmosphere
- Shaping organization success while career building in influential networks
- Competitive compensation and benefits
The RIA is a strong proponent of diversity and strives to foster an inclusive workplace culture driven by purpose, wellness, development, and productivity. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including but not limited to: Black and Indigenous communities, people of colour, women, members of the LGBT2Q+ community, and people experiencing disabilities.
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject line, “Communications Specialist Application” The filename of your PDF should follow the format, “FirstName_LastName_Application.” In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position, and describe how your experience will enable you to succeed in this role.