Employer: Responsible Investment Association (RIA)
Location: Downtown Toronto, hybrid workplace
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
If you are passionate about sustainability and looking to grow your career while doing meaningful work for a purpose driven organization, we’d like to hear from you. With a vision to align capital with sustainable and inclusive development as codified in the Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals and a membership base representing over $42 trillion in AUM, the RIA is uniquely positioned to play a catalytic role in the transformation of the Canadian economy.
As a highly regarded champion of responsible investing in Canada’s institutional and retail investor community, we offer an exciting opportunity to work on the leading edge of the surging sustainable finance sector.
Reporting to the VP, Finance & Administration and working closely with the Operations and Membership Teams, you will be primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting processes in accounts payable and receivable, payroll and benefits, bank deposits and reconciliation, and government remittances.
- Accounts Receivable: Issuing membership, event, project invoices, as requested; following up in a timely manner on receivables due; updating the monthly A/R report.
- Accounts Payable: Securing approvals and issuing payments, as requested; reconciling monthly credit card statements and staff expenses.
- Banking: Responsible for bank deposits; reconciling the bank statements on a regular basis, including high volume Stripe credit card payments received.
- HR: processing RIA’s bi-weekly payroll via our Ceridian service provider; assisting with year-end payroll reconciliation and T4s; assisting with onboarding and offboarding of staff, including benefit enrollment & changes; oversee the tracking of RIA staff vacation, sick days, and other absences.
- Operations: Support the Operations Team with any financial requirements (refunds, receipts and reporting) to help deliver RIA’s programs and events; responsible for collecting and distributing RIA’s mail (majority of it financial related).
- Membership: Support the membership team with the membership renewal process, including tracking new and renewal member data.
- Reporting: Assist with data input for monthly management and quarterly board financial reporting; assist with annual budget preparation.
- Audit: Assist with the annual audit.
- Compliance: Manage and maintain compliance for all federal and provincial government remittances and other tax filings (payroll, G/HST QST, WSIB).
- 5+ years of increasingly progressive experience in a bookkeeping role, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Proficient in QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Excel and Word. The RIA also uses Ceridian, Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, and Slack, so familiarity with these programs would be an asset.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with meticulous attention to detail in all areas of work, with deep respect for compliance and process.
- Acts with integrity, assumes responsibility and takes accountability.
- Sound decision-making while working independently and accurately to tight deadlines.
- You are energized by the prospect of working for a purpose driven organization.
- French fluency would be a valuable asset, but not required.
What to Expect
- Work flexibility and autonomy
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- An inclusive, high-trust work atmosphere
- Shaping organization success while career building in influential networks
- Competitive compensation and benefits
The RIA embraces diversity and strives to foster an inclusive workplace culture driven by purpose, wellness, development, and productivity. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including but not limited to: Black and Indigenous communities, people of colour, women, members of theLGBT2Q+ community, and people experiencing disabilities.
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject line, “Finance Administrator” The filename of your PDF should follow the format, “FirstName_LastName_Application.” In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position, and describe how your experience will enable you to succeed in this role.