Employer: Responsible Investment Association (RIA)
Location: Downtown Toronto, hybrid workplace
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
If you are passionate about sustainability and looking to grow your career while doing meaningful work for a purpose driven organization, we’d like to hear from you. With a vision to align capital with sustainable and inclusive development as codified in the Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals and a membership base representing over $42 trillion in AUM, the RIA is uniquely positioned to play a catalytic role in the transformation of the Canadian economy.
As a highly regarded champion of responsible investing in Canada’s institutional and retail investor community, we offer an exciting opportunity to work on the leading edge of the surging sustainable finance sector.
Reporting to the CEO, you’re a strategic thought-partner playing a critical role with the senior leadership team to enable key decision-making and operational excellence to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. Your success lies in being a hands-on and participative manager who will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT. You have a tremendous opportunity to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity and processes of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors on long-term strategic planning.
- Lead the finance team in the successful and compliant execution of full cycle accounting, payroll, membership, event, project/program accounting, including RIA’s Climate Engagement Canada initiative.
- Analyze and present accurate and timely financial reports; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and forecast variances to the CEO, F&AC and Board of Directors including attendance at committee meetings.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting, planning and auditing processes.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Oversee key administrative projects such as process optimization, policy development, implementation and facilities management as the organization scales.
- Work closely with the membership team to implement an efficient CRM system, integrated with accounting processes.
- Further develop RIA’s human resources practices, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including external IT service provider, third-party vendors and consultants, managing all contract agreements and cybersecurity policy processes for the RIA.
- MBA/CPA or related post-graduate degree or certification preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of increasingly progressive experience in broad financial and operations management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector or the investment industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience overseeing direct report(s) with responsibility for hiring, training, coaching, and performance management.
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function.
- Excellent relationship builder, communicator and collaborator with the ability to translate financial concepts to those who do not have finance backgrounds.
- Tech savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- A successful track record in setting priorities with keen analytic, organization, problem solving and negotiation skills that enable sound decision making to support a variety of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- You are energized by the prospect of working for a purpose driven organization.
- Fluency in French is a valuable asset, but not required.
What to Expect
- Work flexibility and autonomy
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- An inclusive, high-trust work atmosphere
- Shaping organization success while career building in influential networks
- Competitive compensation and benefits
The RIA embraces diversity and strives to foster an inclusive workplace culture driven by purpose, wellness, development, and productivity. We encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including but not limited to: Black and Indigenous communities, people of colour, women, members of theLGBT2Q+ community, and people experiencing disabilities.
Please send your resume and cover letter as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “VP, Finance & Administration” The filename of your PDF should follow the format,“FirstName_LastName_Application.” In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position, and describe how your experience will enable you to succeed in this role.